July 4

I was delighted by the tone of your letter, and the news it conveyed and the assurances it gave greatly heartened me in my task. The youthful and eager workers for the Cause in Montreal occupy a warm place in my heart. I will remember their hopes, their plans, their activities in my hours of prayer at the Holy Shrine. I urge them to study profoundly the revealed utterances of Bahá'u'lláh and the discourses of 'Abdu'l-Bahá and not to rely unduly on the representation and interpretation of the Teachings given by Bahá'í speakers and teachers. May the Almighty sustain you and guide you in your work. 

- Shoghi Effendi  (From a letter dated 20 March 1929 to an individual believer; compilation: ‘Scholarship’, prepared by the Research Department of the Universal House of Justice, 1979, sent attached to a letter dated 13 December 1999 written on behalf of the Universal House of Justice to an individual believer)